Monday, September 29, 2008

See You At The Pole


I can't tell you how excited I am about writing this post. It has been a while since I last wrote and what an amazing couple of weeks we have had as a family and as a youth pastor!

See you at the pole is an event that takes place each year on our local high school campuses. Millions of young people gather at their flag poles to pray. It is an exciting event where students encourage others and are encouraged by others. Here is a link to a video that I made from Waynesburg Cental's SYATP. After SYATP we have a post pole rally at our church and each year I encourage our students to bring their friends out. This year I had Jenessa Wrick speak and Megan Fox sang a powerful song. It was a great experience for all that attended. I had give aways and hot wings after the event was over. We had at least 30 students that came to the altar for rededication. I was really encouraged and the students are excited about what happened and this current school year.

Also, to go along with this, a few weeks ago we signed up 25 students to be campus missionaries to their schools. This means that they are commited to the Youth Alive code which is to: Pray, Live, Tell, Serve and Give. It is a powerful time to be in Youth Ministry and our students are reaching their friends for Christ. That excites me!!! Please pray for our students as this is a true battleground that the enemy does not want to relinquish.

Thanks,
Pastor Carl

No comments: