Friday, October 10, 2008

Hunting the Deer!


As many of you know one of my passions in this world is hunting deer. I love waking early on the crisp fall mornings where the heavy dew is frozen to the leaves. I enjoy climbing into my stand with my bow and arrow ready to wait it out until one comes by. This kind of anticipation motivates me each year as the bow season approaches. It is as if I live for the moment when I hear the release click opened and the smack of the arrow placed neatly into the vitals makes me shake in my boots. I do love those moments, especially when my pin settles in on a nice big buck. All of this talk of passion and excitement is great isn't it?? But infinitely greater is my passion to see young people saved and transformed by God's grace and power. That excites me so much that I live for seeing these young lives come and make new and fresh commitments to Him. As great as my passion is for taking a great whitetail, my passion for seeing lives changed far exceeds this. I am committed to God's plan for using me in this ministry. Will I have obstacles come up? Sure I will and I have. I cannot even tell you about some of the things that I have had to endure in our 11 years in youth ministry. We move forward because this is what God would want from us. What would King David's life have looked like if he would have just quit because someone came against him?? He never quit and neither should you or I! His plan is far greater than anyone or anything in our way. He calls, He directs, He leads!

As a teenager planning on attending Bible college God placed this thought in my mind. One day in prayer the Holy Spirit spoke to me and said this: "if I spend my entire life in youth ministry and just one student's life is changed by God through my ministry, then the entire voyage will have been worth it!" Thank God for that one!!! Thank God for each one that gets it! Amen!!

Pastor Carl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a BIG deer