Thursday, July 3, 2008

Young People in Ministry!

As I sit here this morning pondering last night's events and God's Word speaking to me this morning I am drawn back to think about Timothy in the scriptures. God's young servant full of the power of the Holy Spirit and inspired to do the work that God himself called him to do. It reminds me of my own testimony of how one day at an altar God chose to call me into His full time service. Me... he picked me?? I still have to ask myself why, and how, and what do I possibly have to offer Him. There must be someone better equipped, smarter, more talented than I.?? Right God? When I think about it I am always reminded that God doesn't need us for what we can do, He wants to use us for what He can and will do, and there is a huge difference there. I loved having Pneuma from VFCC last night in our church. They did a great job, and it was great to hang out with precious young people called by God to serve Him! It is refreshing to see that God is still working in the lives of our students. Support our schools and support the work of God!! Don't struggle with God's call on your life, simply do what He has asked you to do!!
Blessings,
PC

No comments: