Friday, December 19, 2008

I Am Soooooo Ready for Christmas....

I can hardly believe that another year is gone and this Christmas day 2008 is upon us. When I think about Christmas I think of all of the fun things that we do, some together and some by ourselves.

It can be crazy around black Friday and you had better stand clear or you could get run over and even hurt badly when the doors open. Or you can be like me... I ran to Wal-Mart last night to shop for my precious wifey!! I had no clue what I was after, but I got the job done. I think that she will be very happy this year! I cannot tell you what I got her yet for fear that she will find out! I do think that she will be suprised and happy though. Her joy helps me to be encouraged, and my kids on Christmas morning are amazing! I love to see their joy as they open their gifts from us. I really believe in the reason for this season in our lives and our kids know that these gifts are for them from us and we are celebrating the birth of the greatest Man to ever walk the earth. He is the one that has changed everything!

I downloaded the Christmas album by Faith Hill this year and the song that struck me was "A Baby Changes Everything." You can see a video of it here. This song moves me! There is so much truth here that I wish people would stop and hear the message this Christmas!! He has changed my "everything" in my life and I am so grateful for that truth that has changed me.

This Christmas before my family opens their gifts we will take time to make sure that our kids know the WHY of this great season. I pray that you will do the same. Don't leave the greatest gift out of your family's Christmas!! He is so near and so precious to us.

Blessings,
Pastor Carl

No comments: