Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Blow Some Bubbles in Your Drink!

Just a quick thought today. I had a Dr. appointment today and after, I took my wife to Panera Bread for lunch. By the way, I highly recommend the Black Bean Soup!! Anyway, we got talking about life and things that are happening and as I was sitting there I started blowing bubbles in my drink. I laughed to myself, then I told my wife that we all need to smile every now and then. She was not really amused by it but I kept it up and probably annoyed her a little bit!

The point is this, sometimes we just need a little levity to get us past some things that we are struggling with. Laugh at yourself, I think that it is healthy. Whether or not you want to admit it we are all very, very funny! God wants to fill us with His joy and peace, but we have to have some initiative in our lives. If we allow ourselves to wallow around in the mud, we will get comfortable and stay there for a while, dirty and pitiful. But if we choose to allow God to lift us up out, then we too can get ourselves cleaned up so that we can blow bubbles and enjoy life. It can get difficult at times, but you can make it through!!

Stay faithful and He will lift you up!!

Blessings,

Pastor Carl

No comments: