Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I am Resolved to be Resolute!!!

I write this today very humbly because I recognize how God has blessed my life over the years. I look at where we are at in our lives and I see areas that we must work on. I have resigned myself to the fact that I need to work on my physical body over the next few months. Ouch, that sounds like pain doesn't it?? Yes it will hurt some days, but with some consistency I will look and feel better about myself in no time.

See, we often work hard at the spiritual things in our lives, setting aside daily time, and taking time to be with the ones that we love. But there always seems to be a side of us that gets a little (or a lot) neglected. A couple of years ago I got it in my mind to "get in shape" and I did a pretty good job of it. I lost around 30 pounds of excess weight and was doing very well. Since then there has been a lot of bad habits formed. I have not done much work to take care of this old (getting older) shell of mine. I think that it is important for me to be healthy so that I can be everything that God wants me to be. Soooooooooo I have decided to try to get to a target weight of 215 pounds. Wow, right now that seems insurmountable, but with God's help and encouragement from others I will be able to do it. My current weight before I began was 265!! I have a lot of work to do here. I trust that you will pray for me for strength and courage as I go after this goal. I am going to really push myself to be in much better shape by 3 months time. I am hoping to be back to where I was a couple of years ago after three months. We will see! Thanks for allowing me to be transparent with you in this matter! We can all be better together!!

Blessings,
Pastor Carl

No comments: